Thursday, February 4, 2010

Public Persona

I will be starting a new job next week, which among other things has gotten me thinking about public persona's. Making a good first impression is key, but then what. I have prided myself on my honesty, but can that honesty ware after time? In past positions my honesty has made me seem week. I am told not to be afraid to ask for help but then when I do I am judged as week.

I have realized that if I stick with more traditional etiquette, I can make the best impression. Emily Post's guides for etiquette are world famous and really have lost little in value. Today we are far more accepting of people manners, but what if there was a call for higher standards?

So with that note, some thoughts from Emily Post herself.

"The attributes of a great lady may still be found in the rule of the four S's: Sincerity, Simplicity, Sympathy and Serenity."

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use."

No comments:

Post a Comment