Sunday, July 8, 2012

Back In Germany

Ellen Murray dances in Drama


I am very excited to be back in Germany for a few months.  It's been a long couple of weeks since I first arrived and I am finally now feeling a little settled.

Jet lag hit me really hard, much harder than it has in the past.  It took me nearly a week and half to get through it.  Somehow though, I've still been able to get a lot done despite the jet lag.

First, I got myself an extended Tourist Visa.  Originally I was applying for a Work Visa but they needed more info (no surprise), but the tourist visa will give me more time to get that all together.

Next, I found a cheap bike so that I can get around more easily. It's actually really cute and I love riding it around Hamburg.

Finally, I've been preparing to teach a Jazz Dance Workshop.  Yesterday was the first day of a two day workshop.  I had so much fun, but am really exhausted.  What I love about this workshop is the diverse background of the students.  Usually  in a work shop like this I'd be teaching fellow swing dancers. But Thomas Marek a tap dance instructor arranged this workshop so in the class I do have swing dancers but I also have tap dancers and a few who have never danced at all.

The photo at the top is from when I was here on my last visit.  I performed in a production put on by Thomas, so some of the students in my class were inspired by seeing me dance in the show!

Today I will teach the second half of the workshop.  I'm looking forward to it.  I know it will be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment