Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A New Journey

Over the past year, the Lord has been preparing me for a big adventure. All the while, I had little idea of where this adventure would take me. After traveling across the United States twice, after prayer and growth in church, after meeting dozens of new friends, I have finally realized that I am to move to New Orleans.

I visited for the first time in April, and found myself back in June. I fell in love with the city. The music, the art, the culture. It is beautiful.

Mimi, Mariah, and I were all in NOLA for a swing dance event. Here are a couple of pics of Mimi and me.






The truth is, I love the Northwest, but I have lived here my entire life and it is time to stretch myself beyond my limits.

I finished classes at PSU last week, have no job, and no significant other to hold me here. Of course I will miss my friends here and Coram Deo more than anything, but with Facebook and cell phones it will be fairly easy to keep in touch with them.

I just have to move a few things into storage at my Dad's house, load up my car, and I'm off. Crazy! I've been watching the hurricane updates. It will be a bit difficult getting there with all of the heavy rain in the area, but I'll leave when I feel the time is right and I am sure God will get me there.

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm soooo happy for you...what an exciting time! I can't wait to see what God has for you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from New Orleans, and I also got married there, you will absolutely love the city. It is so artistic and cultural which is probably where I get all my passion from. Love that you are moving there. I just found your blog.

    Erica xx

    www.ericabelliocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I actually did move there. I spent 2 awesome years there :)

    ReplyDelete