Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Biking Hamburg

A few weeks back, I mentioned how I got a bicycle so that I could get around the city.  I really love my new bike and today, Thomas and I went for a ride around Hamburg.

In the center of the city is "The Alster."  A large lake with paths around it.  The area reminds me a lot of Greenlake in Seattle. Just as there are at Greenlake, there is an inner path and an outer path, and in between the two you can find children's playgrounds, exercise areas, and plenty of park benches to enjoy the view.  Also similar to Green lake are the many people jogging, walking, and biking both directions around the lake. To go all the way around The Alster, it's 7.6 kilometers.  Which is a nice jog, and today proved to be a great bike ride.

Here is my bike.  Cute right?



Deutsch!  I also really love the headlight.  No battery, just pedal power!


All throughout Hamburg are red brick bike paths on the sidewalk.  I really like this set up.  I don't have to worry about cars and most of the time there is plenty of room for bikes and pedestrians alike. 








No comments:

Post a Comment